Home > Management > R&D Management > Volume-3 > Issue-6 > The Effect of Price and Location on Purchasing Decisions at the Swalayan Maju Bersama MMTC Medan

The Effect of Price and Location on Purchasing Decisions at the Swalayan Maju Bersama MMTC Medan

Call for Papers

Volume-5 | Issue-6

Last date : 26-Oct-2021

Best International Journal
Open Access | Peer Reviewed | Best International Journal | Indexing & IF | 24*7 Support | Dedicated Qualified Team | Rapid Publication Process | International Editor, Reviewer Board | Attractive User Interface with Easy Navigation

Journal Type : Open Access

Processing Charges : 700/- INR Only OR 25 USD (for foreign users)

First Update : Within 7 Days after submittion

Submit Paper Online

For Author

Research Area



The Effect of Price and Location on Purchasing Decisions at the Swalayan Maju Bersama MMTC Medan


Noviyanti Hulu | Amril | Hayunimah Siregar



Noviyanti Hulu | Amril | Hayunimah Siregar "The Effect of Price and Location on Purchasing Decisions at the Swalayan Maju Bersama MMTC Medan" Published in International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development (ijtsrd), ISSN: 2456-6470, Volume-3 | Issue-6, October 2019, pp.9-16, URL: https://www.ijtsrd.com/papers/ijtsrd28009.pdf

One factor that is the reason consumers decide to buy a product in a company is price. What if the price offered by a company is cheaper than its competitors, consumers will make more purchases at the company. Vice versa, what if the price offered by a company is more expensive than its competitors, it will reduce the consumer's decision to shop at the company. Besides the price factor that is no less important to attract consumers is located. The location or place of business that is easily reached by consumers has certainly influenced consumers in making product purchasing decisions in a company. Therefore, in this study, the authors use price and location as independent variables and purchasing decisions as dependent variables. The method used in this research is quantitative with an associative approach. The sampling technique in this study is probability sampling with a simple random sampling approach of 50 respondents. Data collection was carried out by distributing questionnaires to respondents who were consumers of the Maju Bersama supermarket with MMTC Medan. Data were analyzed using validity, reliability, classic assumption test, multiple linear regression analysis, t test, F test, and test the coefficient of determination (R2), which is operated through the program SPSS 16. The t test results indicate that partially the price does not affect the purchase decision, while location influences the purchase decision. The F test of price and location variables shows that price and location simultaneously influence purchasing decisions. The coefficient of determination (R2) of 0.590 indicates that the price and location variables affect the purchasing decision 59% and the remaining 41% are influenced by other variables not included in this study.

Price, Location and Purchase Decision


IJTSRD28009
Volume-3 | Issue-6, October 2019
9-16
IJTSRD | www.ijtsrd.com | E-ISSN 2456-6470
Copyright © 2019 by author(s) and International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development Journal. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0)

International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development - IJTSRD having online ISSN 2456-6470. IJTSRD is a leading Open Access, Peer-Reviewed International Journal which provides rapid publication of your research articles and aims to promote the theory and practice along with knowledge sharing between researchers, developers, engineers, students, and practitioners working in and around the world in many areas like Sciences, Technology, Innovation, Engineering, Agriculture, Management and many more and it is recommended by all Universities, review articles and short communications in all subjects. IJTSRD running an International Journal who are proving quality publication of peer reviewed and refereed international journals from diverse fields that emphasizes new research, development and their applications. IJTSRD provides an online access to exchange your research work, technical notes & surveying results among professionals throughout the world in e-journals. IJTSRD is a fastest growing and dynamic professional organization. The aim of this organization is to provide access not only to world class research resources, but through its professionals aim to bring in a significant transformation in the real of open access journals and online publishing.

Thomson Reuters
Google Scholer
Academia.edu

ResearchBib
Scribd.com
archive

PdfSR
issuu
Slideshare

WorldJournalAlerts
Twitter
Linkedin