Home > Humanities and the Arts > Education > Volume-1 > Issue-2 > Determinants of Academic Performance in Physics of Fourth Year Students in the Catubig Valley National High School, Catubig, Northern Samar for the School Year 2006-2007

Determinants of Academic Performance in Physics of Fourth Year Students in the Catubig Valley National High School, Catubig, Northern Samar for the School Year 2006-2007

Call for Papers

Volume-6 | Issue-5

Last date : 27-Aug-2022

Best International Journal
Open Access | Peer Reviewed | Best International Journal | Indexing & IF | 24*7 Support | Dedicated Qualified Team | Rapid Publication Process | International Editor, Reviewer Board | Attractive User Interface with Easy Navigation

Journal Type : Open Access

Processing Charges : 700/- INR Only OR 25 USD (for foreign users)

First Update : Within 7 Days after submittion

Submit Paper Online

For Author

Research Area



Determinants of Academic Performance in Physics of Fourth Year Students in the Catubig Valley National High School, Catubig, Northern Samar for the School Year 2006-2007


Lyra Paz P. Lluz



Lyra Paz P. Lluz "Determinants of Academic Performance in Physics of Fourth Year Students in the Catubig Valley National High School, Catubig, Northern Samar for the School Year 2006-2007" Published in International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development (ijtsrd), ISSN: 2456-6470, Volume-1 | Issue-2, February 2017, pp.46-51, URL: https://www.ijtsrd.com/papers/ijtsrd134.pdf

This study aimed to answer the following questions: Determine how each of the following factors, namely: study habits, peer group/barkada influence, family influence, textbook holdings, lack of interest in the subject had affected the academic performance of the students. Identity which of the identified factors had significantly affected the academic performance of high school students. The research design used in this study was the descriptive method using a questionnaire as the principal instrument in gathering the needed data. The respondents were the fourth year students of the Catubig Valley National High School, Catubig, Northern Samar during the school year 2006-2007. The findings of this study use the following: Most of the students (or 41%) would “sometimes” study their lessons, 31.33% would “rarely” study their lessons, and 26.66% had regular study habits. A significant majority (90%) of the students had barkada, only 10% did, not have barkada, 40% of the students would go out with their barkada on weekends and/or holidays, 33.33% of the students would go out during off-school hours, and 16.66% would go out with their barkada anytime even if they had classes. Majority (90%) of the students lived with their family, while the other 10% live with their guardian. Only 3.33% of the respondents had a monthly family income of P30,000.00 or more, 10% had monthly income of P15,000.00 to P19,000.00. 16.660% had a monthly family income of P10,000.00 to P14,000 00, 43.33% had a monthly income of P5,000 00 to P9,000 00, and 26 666 had an income of P5,000. 00 or below every month. Fifty percent of the students were badly affected by the family income every month, the other 50% declared otherwise. Majority (86.66%) of the students had a textbook of their own. Only 13.33% shared a book with a classmate. Majority (63.33%) claimed that their performance in the subject was not affected by the textbook ratio; on the other hand, 36.66% said that their academic performance was affected by the textbook ratio. Majority (53 336) of the students occasionally liked the subject, 40% had moderate liking of the subject, while 6.66% had never liked the subject. Most of the respondents (45%) of them got a general average grade in Physics ranging from 80% to 85%, 24.12% obtained a general average grade between 85% to 89%, 20.83% obtained a general average grade range of 75% to 79%, a very small percentage (or 9.16%) obtained an average grade of 90% or above. The factor that affected most the academic performance in Physics of the students was their level of interest in the subject, while the factor that had the least effect is the book ratio.

academic performance, study holistic, per group, family influence


IJTSRD134
Volume-1 | Issue-2, February 2017
46-51
IJTSRD | www.ijtsrd.com | E-ISSN 2456-6470
Copyright © 2019 by author(s) and International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development Journal. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0)

International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development - IJTSRD having online ISSN 2456-6470. IJTSRD is a leading Open Access, Peer-Reviewed International Journal which provides rapid publication of your research articles and aims to promote the theory and practice along with knowledge sharing between researchers, developers, engineers, students, and practitioners working in and around the world in many areas like Sciences, Technology, Innovation, Engineering, Agriculture, Management and many more and it is recommended by all Universities, review articles and short communications in all subjects. IJTSRD running an International Journal who are proving quality publication of peer reviewed and refereed international journals from diverse fields that emphasizes new research, development and their applications. IJTSRD provides an online access to exchange your research work, technical notes & surveying results among professionals throughout the world in e-journals. IJTSRD is a fastest growing and dynamic professional organization. The aim of this organization is to provide access not only to world class research resources, but through its professionals aim to bring in a significant transformation in the real of open access journals and online publishing.

Thomson Reuters
Google Scholer
Academia.edu

ResearchBib
Scribd.com
archive

PdfSR
issuu
Slideshare

WorldJournalAlerts
Twitter
Linkedin